Welcome, My Honoured Advertisers!!

ANNOUNCEMENT : BLOG MIGRATES TO NEW DOMAIN !!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Mooncake Festival Celebration

An antique of the past from China



My father-in-law got this during his China tour last year. This set is believed to have been used by the emperors in China aged ago. On that night, we all pampered ourselves with the grape wine made by my mother-in-law. Of course, have to store the wine for some time to ensure its taste. Those grapes used were bought from China.


These are another types of wine cups from China. These are called, "Shimmering Green Cup" ~ 夜光杯 . Funny name ya! Can you see the colour of it? When you see it in the dark, it is like shining. FIL told me that these cups are made of some kind of stone, and they are hard to be broken. Have you heard of this poem?


葡萄美酒夜光杯,
欲饮琵琶马上催。
醉卧沙场君莫笑,
方来征战几人回?


Hope you all enjoy the above historical poem ! ...... if you know Mandarin.....hehehe.. ;)



After dinner at home, we laid the table for god serving ceremony on that night to celebrate the festival. Mostly were fruits. I did buy a special homemade agar-agar mooncake to serve the god and goddess.

Does it look nice? It is called "七星伴月" ~ translated......moon accompanied by seven stars! The filling was made by dragonfruit. I bought this from a parent of my tuition centre. Only cost me RM18 for this.

No comments: