Welcome, My Honoured Advertisers!!

ANNOUNCEMENT : BLOG MIGRATES TO NEW DOMAIN !!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Good And Bad Of Coffee

I have a strong desire to coffee. Surprisingly, I just adore white coffee and mocha, definitely not the dark one! Every morning, I would think of the best place for breakfast, not because of the food but the coffee. My parents always say that coffee is not good for health. How far can it be? I just believe everything in this world has prons and cons. Anything taken over the limit will turn bad. There must be good and bad of coffee for sure.

I control myself very well each day. I will not take more than two cups of white coffee each day. Normally, I will just take a cup. The excess caffein contained in coffee does bring harm to our health. Coffee can cause irritable Bowel Syndrome as well as heartburn and in the long term has been linked to Osteoporosis. We know the short term downside of course, shakiness, concentration problems and and an elevated chance of a heart attack.

Anyway, there are studies that have shown that coffee can protect against Parkinsons disease as well as Alzheimers, although I am not sure that hospitals are going to start hopping up old people on caffeine to test whether they will be able to remember any better. Coffee and caffeine can also help prevent Cirrhosis of the liver. One of the big advantages as you can imagine is the boost to the central nervous system, some bodybuilders will drink strong coffee before a workout to improve their strength and endurance during the workout and my hubby has tried this as well, it works.

Well, I have been controlling my desire for white coffee well. I will just drink once every two days to avoid being infected with sore throat again. Hopefully I can keep myself healthy with this to continue enjoying my lovely coffee.....mmmmmmmmm.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love coffee, its a good thing Starbucks cafes are very far from our house or I'm broke by now